Frequently Asked Questions
InView™ screens1 come standard if your customer chooses window or patio door screens. They are clearer, improve the view and let in 14% more light and 8% more airflow2.
Vivid View® screens1 – Pella's superior screens – are practically invisible. They allow in 29% more light and 21% more airflow2 than conventional fiberglass screens to truly bring the outdoors in. (Available as an upgrade on windows only.)
1Use caution when children or pets are around open windows and doors. Screens are not designed to retain children or pets.
2Screen cloth airflow is based on calculated screen cloth openness. Screen cloth transmittance was measured using an integrated sphere spectrophotometer.
Traditional, 9-Lite Prairie, 12-Lite Prairie, 14-Lite Prairie, Top Row, Cross, New England, Victorian and Custom (equally divided) – with additional patterns available.
The Designer Series line offers six different energy-efficient options besides clear insulating glass. Price out different glass options in PQM to find out which glass will fit your customer's energy savings and budget needs.
- Advanced Low-E insulating or triple-pane glass with argon.
- AdvancedComfort Low-E insulating triple-pane glass with argon.
- SunDefense™ Low-E insulating triple-pane glass with argon.
- NaturalSun Low-E insulating triple-pane glass with argon.
- Obscure insulating glass.
- Gray-, Bronze- or Green-tinted Advanced Low-E insulating glass with argon.
The multipoint lock on hinged patio doors has one easy-to-reach handle and secures the door at the top, middle and bottom.
Our user-friendly flushbolt system locks one door panel into place with no reaching or bending. Two latches are located conveniently near the handles. This is a standard feature on all Designer Series hinged patio doors.
Champagne, White, Brown, Bright Brass, Satin Nickel and Oil-Rubbed Bronze. Antique Brass and Chrome are available on hinged patio doors only.
Pine is the most versatile wood choice. It is the perfect blank canvas. It can be finished in a light color for a fresh, modern look. When stained in a rich color, it resembles darker woods.
NOTE: Wood is a product of nature; grain pattern will be unique and may vary on each window or patio door. Actual finish colors may vary from those shown due to the unique nature of wood and printing limitations.
They make decorating a home beautifully simple.
Selling Tip: No measuring. No tools. No hassles. No damage to walls or woodwork. No new curtain rods to hang.
Selling Tip: Your customers' homes will always have an up-to-date look. Snap-in window fashions can change with changing tastes or décor.
Selling Tip: Homeowners can do it themselves. They can change their window fashions to reflect a season or to complement a new color scheme. No decorator to hire. No contractor to call.
Blinds give a home a more contemporary look.
- They offer the most flexible light and privacy control.
- They can be pulled up for an unobstructed view or simply tilted to let in just the right amount of light.
Fabric shades have a softer, traditional look.
- They are available with either top-down or bottom-up functionality.
- Ensure privacy by pulling the shade down from the top and allowing light to shine through the top of the window.
- Pull the shade up from the bottom for light control.
- Shades cover edge-to-edge, keeping light out. And the unique design provides added privacy by concealing cords that can allow streaks of light to shine through – without covering the window trim.
Selling Tip: This is a great solution for windows in intimate spaces such as bathrooms and bedrooms.
The maximum and minimum sizes will vary by product style. Review the size charts for Designer Series here.
Obscure insulating glass is ideal for intimate spaces because its textured surface obscures the view while allowing light in.
Yes, this is a field-applied part for double-hung, casement and awning windows. It will be shipped out of unit.
The frame expander can be used with all product types. It is available to order as follows:
- Frame Expander/Receptor Kit
- Frame Expander (Qty 1)
- Frame Expander Receptor (Qty 1)
- Frame expanders are available in 1", 1 3/4", 2 1/2", 4" and 6". Receptor lengths are available in 144" or 96".
Pella's water-based wood stains are low-odor, formaldehyde-free and virtually free of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) – keeping the air inside a home safer and more pleasant.
The roto cover and crank handle are in the hardware bag packaged with the unit.
No, Pella does not offer these types of handles at this time.
Yes, on triple-pane products only.